Apogee is pleased to introduce their new MiC Plus professional quality USB microphone for iPad, iPhone, Mac and PC. The entirely new designed MiC Plus offers Apogee´s unique PureDIGITAL connection technology for pristine sound quality up to 24-bit / 96kHz and the new built-in headphone output with Blend feature allows now zero-latency monitoring.
Perfect for music production, voice recording, YouTube or live streaming, MiC Plus makes it easy for both aspiring and professional artists to get that big-studio sound they can take anywhere.
Apogee MiC Plus is a professional studio quality USB microphone you can connect to your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac or PC. MiC Plus makes it easy to capture your best take with incredible quality, anywhere you go. Record any sound you can imagine, from vocals to voice-overs, instruments to interviews and everything in between.
A significant upgrade to the Apogee MiC product family first introduced in 2011, MiC Plus features an entirely new design with improved sound quality, dynamic range and built-in headphone output for latency-free monitoring while recording on any device.
MiC Plus’ professional-quality cardioid capsule, high sensitivity and ample gain give it a sound that is similar to a top studio condenser microphone going through a high-end mic preamp. Your listeners will never know that you are recording with a portable USB microphone.
MiC Plus is small enough to fit in your pocket and connects to iOS devices or your laptop, making it ideal for recording on the go.
With MiC Plus, there’s no complicated setup. Just connect to your computer or iOS device, select MiC Plus as your audio interface and record in your favorite app. MiC Plus includes 3 cables for effortless connection directly to Lightning/iOS, USB-C or USB (Type A) devices.
What you can do with MiC+
- Music Production.
MiC Plus features a sensitive capsule and wide dynamic range for capturing any singer or acoustic instrument, from soft vocals to hard rock drums.
Whether you are in a recording studio, your bedroom or on the road, MiC Plus will deliver professional, album-quality sound. MiC Plus features a sensitive capsule wide dynamic range for capturing any singer or acoustic instrument, from soft vocals to hard rock drums. And because you can easily set your input gain level directly on MiC Plus, your tracks will be distortion-free
MiC Plus simplifies the recording process for voice-overs, podcasts and interviews while delivering professional broadcast quality results, wherever you need to be.
- Sound for Video
Whether you’re creating YouTube videos, streaming on Facebook Live or broadcasting on Twitch, Apogee MiC Plus is the best investment you will ever make to dramatically improve the audio quality of your videos.
Cardioid Polar Pattern
MiC Plus features a professional cardioid condenser microphone capsule ideal for making high-quality recordings of voice and acoustic instruments.
Three products in one small package
Apogee MiC Plus combines a microphone, microphone preamp and an A/D converter into one compact device. Apogee has carefully designed each part of MiC Plus to deliver the highest quality signal possible with the lowest noise - we call this PureDIGITAL.
Powerful Headphone output with zero latency Blend feature
MiC Plus also features a ⅛” stereo headphone output and Blend function for zero latency monitoring. The Blend setting on MiC Plus allows you to easily adjust how much of the microphone input you hear compared to the recorded signal coming from your software, enabling you to dial in the perfect mix. The headphone output includes a built-in amplifier that offers plenty of power so you can properly hear in any recording situation, including loud instruments like a guitar amp or drums. If you are connecting MiC Plus to a current iOS device, having this headphone output is essential.
Pricing and Availability
MiC Plus is available before Christmas 2017 at authorized Apogee dealers in Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Hungary, Romania and the Netherlands- The suggested retail price will be ca. 269,- Euro incl. 19% VAT. ( 3595 characters | 577 words )
- macOS 10.9 or later
- Computer: Mac, with an Intel processor
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM minimum
- Connection/power: USB port on computer
- Windows 10
- Computer: Windows PC with Intel/AMD x86-64 processor
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM minimum
- Connection/power: USB port on computer
- OS 9 or later
- Connection: Lightning
- Power: From iOS device
- Made for: iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (5th generation), iPad (4th generation), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPod touch (6th generation), iPad touch (5th generation)
- Input Type: Micro USB
- Connections: Lightning, USB (Type-C), USB (Type-A)
- Length: 4.88” (124 mm)
- Width: 1.5” (38 mm)
- Depth: 1.5” (38 mm)
- Weight: 0.45 lbs (0.20 kg)
- At 0 dB gain:
- Max SPL: 130dB (1% THD at 1kHz)
- Sensitivity: -36 dBfs (94 dB SPL. 1 kHz)
- Noise level: -108dBfs (A) at
- Max preamp gain: 46 dB
- Professional cardioid condenser microphone capsule
- Made for iPad, iPhone, Mac and Windows 10 PC
- Includes 3 cables: Lightning, USB (Type-C) and USB (Type-A)
- PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality up to 24-bit / 96kHz
- 46dB of mic preamp gain, digitally controlled for greater precision
- Powerful headphone output with Blend feature for zero latency monitoring
- No configuration required, just plug in and record
- Made in the U.S.A.