Universal Audio just released their new audio interface. The Arrow is a compact all bus-powered desktop interface aimed at the musicians on the go with a high demand for quality. It is the world's first Thunderbolt 3-powered desktop recording audio interface compatible with both Mac and Windows.
The Arrow has the same conversion as Universal Audios flagship product range: the Apollo at 24-bit/196 kHz, and is delivered with 2x Unison Mic Preamps. It also includes Universal Audios famously real-time processing power in the form of a UAD-2 solo core processor. This makes it possible to use UAD plugins in the recording phase with near-zero latency. These plugins can be used in the mixing stage as well. The Arrow comes with a few included plugins. For example the UAD emulation of the legendary LA-2A, the 1176LN and the Pultec EQs. The Arrow also enables the use of multiple guitar emulations right at the touch of your fingers.
The Arrow cost 499$/€ and is definitely marked towards musicians on the go that would like their audio quality to be spotless. The compact design and bus-powered capabilities makes if perfect for on-the-go recording action.
Arrow Desktop Audio Interface — Key Features:
- Desktop 2x4 Thunderbolt 3-powered audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Unison mic preamp technology provides the tone, touch and feel of the world’s most sought-after tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amplifiers from Neve,® API,® Manley,® Marshall,® Fender,® and more*
- Realtime UAD Processing allows near-zero latency tracking with classic UAD plug-in effects, regardless of software buffer setting
- Includes studio compressors, EQs, reverbs, and guitar amp emulations, and more as part of the “Realtime Analog Classics” bundle — featuring 14 quality UAD Plug-Ins
- Bus-powered connection to modern Mac and Windows systems for easy portability and reduced cable clutter