Expressive E announced last week: something amazing is coming - but what? OSMOSE!
Osmose combines traditional workmanship with modern technology. This is the result of more than seven intense years of research and development, and also the feedback from world-class artists. Today Expressive E proudly announced the Osmose-instrument. You might know Expressive E from the Touché.
Osmose improves the user experience by adding something completely new, namely by introducing physical gestures for musicians to communicate by sound and produce music like never done before. It does this while not just respecting the current keyboard-skills of the player but improving it. Each note can be articulated independently with unique expressive possibilities, like shown in the Osmose video below. A patented mechanism which provides three dimensions of control for each key makes these gestures possible.
The keyboard features 49 keys and the technical side was made in cooperation with the French Haken Audio.
This new technology is named A.K.A. - Augmented Keyboard Action - which is patented.
What do artists have to say about it?
“There is nothing out there like this.” — Junkie XL (Multi-platinum producer, 300 / Mad Max: Fury Road / Deadpool)
“It’s a game changer.”- Mike Dean (Grammy award-winning producer Kanye West, Jay-Z, Madonna) “The level of expression you can get on this real keyboard is unprecedented. It’s unbelievable!” — Bill
Laurance (Grammy award winner, Snarky Puppy)
“This instrument is a dream come true.” — Jordan Rudess (Grammy-nominated Dream Theater virtuoso)
Besides the expressive A.K.A. keys, you can radically alter the timbre, texture, harmonics and effects of the sound directly and intuitively with macro controls on the front panel of the Osmose. You can use the mod-wheel to achieve the ultimate performance experience. You can even control the sensitivity of the three input-dimensions of the keyboard.
- Keybed: 49 full-size keys with A.K.A. technology for three-dimensional control
- Polyphony: Up to 24 voices with Layered and Split modes
- Top Panel: 8 encoders, 9 buttons, pitch slider, modulation slider, color LCD screen
- Pedal Inputs: 2 continuous pedal inputs, assignable to sustain or synth parameters
- MIDI: MIDI In, MIDI Out/Thru, USB Type B
- Audio: 24-bit D/A conversion, 1/4" stereo headphone jack, two 1⁄4" jacks for main stereo output
- Software: A Mac/PC editor lets users create and edit the EaganMatrix sounds, as well as assign the three A.K.A. key movements to multiple parameters
Pre-order the Osmose!
Osmose will be on sale for €1799, if you order from the online store before the 31st of December and pay a deposit of €299, -, you’ll get a 40% discount on the regular price. The deposit will ensure you a spot on the waiting list and you’ll pay the remainder when the product is ready to be shipped.
You can expect delivery around the summer of 2020 and there are only a limited amount of products!